CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 1, 2011

Service

A few weeks ago we had the opportunity to do some service for a local Women's Shelter. They were moving to a new location and really wanted some window treatments to add color and life to their new home. As a Relief Society (the largest women's organization in the world), we made some curtains and valances and then went to install them. (Well, I can't say I did it, most of you know I DO NOT sew. I guess you could say I oversaw and supervised as that was part of my calling at the time...but have since been released. I am now a Primary Teacher..YAY!) Anyway, it felt great to serve and see how much they really appreciated what we did. We took our kids with us to put the window treatments in and it was a great learning experience for them to see how other people live. Not everyone gets to live with both their parents and may have to work a little harder to get the neccesities of life. We hope that they will realize how good they have it. If not now, maybe some time in the future.

The hats say MIAMI, one of the directors said it stood for "Me I Am Mission Involved."






These are just a few of the pictures. We actually hung over 20 valances and curtains in the whole house. The bathroom needed a privacy curtain and that turned out really well.

No comments:

Thanks for stopping by! Come back soon!