CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter Weekend

The fun started on Friday when Charlotte and I went to the library for story time (like just about every Friday). Her best friend Gretchen met us there also with her mom and baby brother. But the best part of the story time was the Easter Egg Hunt!! That is probably one of Charlotte's FAVORITE things to do is go on an Easter Egg hunt. They hid the eggs in the adult section of the library...that was brave! If the day couldn't get any better, we invited Gretchen to come along to McDonald's with us. (It's kind of a Friday tradition because there is a McDonald's with a indoor playland close to the library). Both girls were so excited and kept saying that it was the best day ever!! I love when everyone's happy! They had a great time as always in the play area, and at one point Gretchen asked us if we would invite her to McDonald's the next time we went. Ha ha! Of course!

I called Gretchen's mom as we were leaving to tell her we were on our way. I was telling her how I had to go drop stuff off at church for our Stake's Day of Service (Swap and Shop). She offered to have Charlotte over to her house while I did what I needed to do. I was afraid that they were going to get tired of each other, but no! They were so excited to spend a few more hours together. Charlotte barely said goodbye as I dropped her off.

I got to the church to drop my stuff off and decided to stay a little while to help organize. There was a ton of stuff! Mostly clothes, toys, and baby items. Also, books, bedding, home decor, and furniture. Nathan brought Brooke over after school and she was quite the worker! She wanted to help in any way. She loved it and I was so glad! She was running items to different rooms and putting things where they go. She was there for 2 hours working hard and didn't want to leave. Is this the same child that won't hardly lift a finger at home???

Saturday was the Swap and Shop. There was also supposed to be an Easter Egg Hunt and carwash but they were cancelled due to the weather. It's been raining cats and dogs for 2 weeks straight it seems! So I was glad that Charlotte had her Easter egg hunt at the library the day before. They still gave the kids candy though..like they needed any more. :-)

Anyway, the kids each wanted to pick out a toy, of course. One picked a microphone and the other a small keyboard...great more loud things. They also got some movies and books. It was so crowded, I couldn't believe it. And it was POURING the whole time.


That afternoon after the swap and shop, we dyed our Easter eggs! Another favorite activity.



The kids woke up early Easter morning to find out what the Easter Bunny brought...I don't know why they think it's like Christmas because all it is is candy...Although apparently our Easter Bunny brought us toys last year, but not this year...Hmmm...either the kids weren't as good this year, or is tired of all the crappy toys...I mean, really? Do we really need any more toys? That's what I thought.

We went to church and then went to some friends for dinner. It was very yummy and the kids had a great time playing! We had a wonderful Easter!

1 comment:

Ashlynn Hall said...

Oh Fun! i wish they did Swap n Shops in Twin! Happy Belated Easter! Miss you guys!

Thanks for stopping by! Come back soon!