CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween week


So Halloween somehow turned into a whole week here. I already posted about Trunk or Treat which was Tuesday. Wednesday the library was having their Halloween party. I forgot about the party until I was almost out the door. I had a book waiting for me so I was on my way anyway. So Charlotte didn't get dressed up. They read Halloween books and sang Halloween songs, paraded around the library, and got to have yummy snacks. That was the only way I got Charlotte to sit still for the whole thing. She wanted those cookies!! Here she is with her new friend.

Eating her long awaited cookie
Thursday was the day designated by our apartment community to go trick or treating. I was kind of mad about it at first but I got over it. It's a college town, what can I say. They had a fun little party at the community center. We think maybe they didn't want to work on Friday night.
We walked around with our friends, the Anderson and the Robertson's.
Here we are eating doughnuts again. We sure do love our doughnuts. They were really getting into it!
They had the WII on the big screen and there was quite the crowd so we said...

Hey Batman and Superman, just come on over to our house and play!!
On Friday, Brooke's school had a parade. Here is Charlotte waiting for the parade to start.




Since we already went trick or treating Thursday we decided to do something a little different. They have a Wildlife Center on campus that was open for trick or treaters. We've been wanting to go so we thought this would be a perfect time. They were also handing out a little candy. This center has all kinds of animals that one man and his wife have hunted and donated to the school. I couldn't believe the size of some of these animals! I think the kids were fascinated too!





It actually made me kind of sad that they hunted and killed a giraffe.

After we left the Wildlife Center, we headed over to some friends. They did even more trick or treating and then we had pizza and snacks and played some games. It was a fun week but I'm glad it's over! We have more candy than we know what to do with. Seriously! I have like four big bowls of candy! Hope everyone else had a fun time!!

No comments:

Thanks for stopping by! Come back soon!