CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Trunk or Treat

Tonight was the Big Rapids Branch annual Trunk or Treat. They had games inside for the kids, like a cookie walk, pumpkin toss, face painting, doughnut eating contest, and fishing. They also had a haunted house, that surprisingly, my kids weren't afraid of. The strobe light sure gave me a headache though. They also had a costume contest and everyone got a prize. They had the scariest costume, funniest costume, best superhero costume, etc. Who do you think got the best Princess costume? Brooke of course!! Charlotte was a mouse and got the award for the best girl costume. I'm not sure how they came up with that one but oh well. After the prizes were handed out, it was time to go outside to get the candy!! I can't believe how much candy we got! We left as soon as we got to all the cars, because it is a school night after all!
Here we are next to the scary skeleton pirate who sang and danced

Brooke getting her face painted. It's one of her favorite things. She wanted a fairy.

Charlotte loves doughnuts. I think she'll do just about anything for one. Including standing on a chair and pulling it off the string.
Here's the real doughnut eating contest. The guy in the sunglasses is a missionary. I think he won.

These two "cats" are so darn cute I just had to take their pictures. The one on the left just babysat for the girls on Saturday.

Here's one car that was decked out. Lot and lots of candy.


So our apartments have designated Thursday as Trick or Treating. It really ticks me off. I was really looking forward to the weekend and not having to worry about staying out too late. I guess their main concern is that many people that live in our apartments go home on the weekend and so they wanted to give them an opportunity to go around here or pass out candy if they want. So I guess we'll go around here on Thursday and maybe around a friend's neighborhood on Friday and then we have a party at our friend's house. When did Halloween become a week long event? I'm already tired....Till next time.

3 comments:

A Bunch of Roaches said...

Okay, I am jealous of your trunk or treat experience. But yes, it did make me feel better that Charlotte pooped her pants at church. :)

Anonymous said...

It looks like you all had fun. Brooke looked annoyed in one of the pictures. Have fun trick or treating on non-Halloween night.

Erin said...

What I didn't mention is that Brooke did have a near meltdown experience and I don't know what it was about. I don't think she was feeling 100% yet and didn't want me to leave her side. I was determined to have fun so I had to suggest things for her to do.

Thanks for stopping by! Come back soon!