CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 4, 2008

General Conference

So this weekend is General Conference. I really have a hard time paying attention to Conference with my children running in and out. Not to mention the mess it makes after it's all over because I let my kids have a run of the house. When else do we sit in front of the t.v., or computer in our case, for 8 hours in one weekend. Do we really expect our kids to listen or be quiet? For those of you who watch Conference at home, what do you do with your kids? Any suggestions to make it a more enjoyable experience? Not that I don't enjoy the speakers, but I just have a hard time with my kids around.
I did get them to actually watch for a few minutes during the second session when the children's choir was singing. Here is Brooke singing along to "I am a Child of God".


The things they did to entertain themselves:

Here's a picture Brooke took of me. Don't I look tired? But do you like the new haircut?

The mess afterwards, but only part of it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well it looked like you had fun today. Did you put the computer in the other room? Yay for your house!
By the way, if Jamie Garryson is reading this I would say hello on your blog but I can't since it appears you have to be a blogger to comment on your blog. So I guess I'll still be the silent stalker. hehe lol

Anonymous said...

General Conference is not for single parents. That is my theory anyway. The best way to get something out of conference is to put your hubby in charge of the kids for one session and then switch. If both try to sit down together...unless the spirit really wants you to hear something, you're not going to get a whole lot out of it. As far as keeping the kids quiet...don't bother just yet, they'll only end up hating it. Just let them see you as parents set the example and someday, they'll want to see what it is that captivates their parents 2 weekends every year.

Gwen

A Bunch of Roaches said...

You can use my solution to every problem and turn on a movie in their bedroom and put a bunch of toys in there too. (hmmm...I wonder if that works with other people's kids?)

A Bunch of Roaches said...

I forgot to tell you I love your haircut. you look super pretty.

Thanks for stopping by! Come back soon!