CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 17, 2008

Lunch with Brooke


Today was Grandparent/VIP day at Brooke's school. Since all of her grandparents were unable to make it, I went as her VIP. I didn't want her to not have someone there for her. But then I found out they had "extra" honorary grandparents for those children didn't have anyone. I guess they found people from the community to come. One grandparent was the librarian's dad. So that was nice that they did that. The lunch left much to be desired. They said it was going to be a turkey dinner so I was thinking turkey, mashed potatoes, a roll maybe. Nope, it was turkey, stuffing, corn, and apple crisp for dessert. I was excited for the apple crisp but it really wasn't very good either. Oh well, I wasn't going for the lunch, I was going for the company. I love being at Brooke's school so I can get a feel for what they do. I volunteer on Tuesdays so I have some sort of idea. They have lockers that they put their coats in when they first get to school. She just got the green hand put up because she can zip her own coat and can help others so I guess that's pretty exciting for kindergartners.

After lunch we were able to go outside on the playground with them. Brooke showed me her favorite places to play. It's a big playground. I didn't get a picture of her in the sandbox. I'm pretty sure that's where she plays a lot because she'll come home and you have dump all the sand out of her tennis shoes!! And yesterday I dumped some out of her coat!! One time when I talked to her about it she said, "do you want me to stop playing in the sandbox?" I said that it would be great, but I don't think she listened.
This is another little girl in her class. Her name is Lisa. They have the same pair of tennis shoes. Brooke is pretty excited about that.



And here is Charlotte with her pink eye. She really doesn't look that bad. I was just trying to get a close up picture and get her to close her eyes but it didn't really work. She woke up a couple days ago and her left eye especially was swollen and puss coming out. So I took her to the doctor and sure enough it was pink eye.

2 comments:

A Bunch of Roaches said...

Brooke's school looks way cool. That is great she has a green hand on her locker. Tell her I said good job. Poor Charlotte. I am dreading the day my kids come home with pink eye.

Anonymous said...

It was to bad I couldn't go eat lunch with Brooke. Maybe next time. Charlotte looks so bad. I hope she's feeling better.

Thanks for stopping by! Come back soon!