CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Field Trip to the Apple Orchard

Brooke and I had a great time on her field trip today. We went with her class to an apple orchard. Unfortunately it rained most of the time. So my pictures didn't turn out as well as I would have liked and many of the animals were hiding so we didn't get to see them. They had goats, reindeer, ducks, a wallaby, zebras, miniature ponies, and more. We got to feed the goats, tour the cider mill, go on a wagon ride to pick apples and gourdes and play on all the fun toys. Everyone in Brooke's class has a "name shirt" which is handy for volunteers and field trips so that's what everyone is wearing over their coats in the pictures.


On the wagon ride to the apple orchard, before it started raining
Picking apples, now it's raining

Two of the boys in our group, Xavier and Brendan (Sorry it's a bad picture)
This was in the Cider Mill. They were showing us how they make apple cider.




All the cider is being squeezed out. Can you see it? Look closely.

Someone feeding a goat. (Not Brooke, she was afraid)


The goats




This was a fun game. It had a cup attached to it and pulled on the strings to make the cup go up or down. There was like a tree house up top where the goats could walk to, so I think you could put food in there for them and send it up to them.

Just playing

Can you tell it was raining?

This was everyone's favorite part. They just wanted to play!


This was a slide the kids could slide down. And it was perfect since it was raining because it was enclosed. I wasn't trying to get a picture of the mom, she just kept standing there. I guess she was waiting for her child to come down.

The whole class!

4 comments:

Apron Appeal said...

I miss Michigan. Did you get to sample a pumpkin or apple doughnut. If you didn't, you have to find a cider mill that sells doughnuts, they are heavenly! (I've never found a mill or orchard in Michigan that had doughnuts I didn't like)

Gwen

Erin said...

I forgot to mention we did have doughnuts and apple cider. They WERE delicious! I don't think they were apple doughnuts though. I did bring some apple cider home for Nathan and a caramel apple (yuck for the caramel apple). I would've loved to bring some of the doughnuts home but I only had a minute and the bus was getting ready to leave without me!! I'll think we'll have to go back on a day it's not raining.

mnhvance said...

Hi Erin, thanks for your nice comment on my blog. It's nice to know people read my ramblings! Your kids are so cute! Congrats on a beautiful family!

A Bunch of Roaches said...

That looks sooo fun. What a cool apple orchard.

Thanks for stopping by! Come back soon!