CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Twilight

SPOILER ALERT (Are you happy Gwen)

So I FINALLY went to see Twilight tonight with 2 out of 3 of my sisters. I say that like it's been out forever, it's only been less than a week. Too bad Nicole couldn't be there, but I don't think she read the books and she probably wouldn't like the movie.

Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised by the movie. I went in with very low expectations figuring it would be awful since the book was so good. I liked the fact that they kept most of the main scenes in the movie and didn't change too much. Some people have said they didn't like the acting but I thought it was fine. Although, I think they could've found a more handsome actor to play Edward. Robert Pattinson just doesn't do it for me. I liked the scene in science class where he looks like he's going to be sick when she comes near. It was funny when she smelled herself to see if she stunk. I do think the book portrayed their chemistry better than the movie. If you hadn't read the book, it would be hard to understand the chemistry so early on.

The movie did leave out a lot when it came to James and Bella's encounter. It left out the whole scene at the airport with Alice and Jasper and didn't show how Edward knew she was at the Ballet Studio. That was a pretty big part in the book it seemed to me.

I really liked Jacob. I thought he was pretty cute.

I totally missed the cameo of Stephanie Meyer in the restaurant. It was like a blink of an eye. I wouldn't have known she was even in it had Lauren not said something.

I liked how the ending opened it up for the next movie. I'm ready. Although, I think the second book was a little boring in the beginning.

So, I give this book a B. Go see it if you haven't seen it yet!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm very happy! i can't decided which makes me so happy that you put the spoiler alert up or that my name was mentioned on someone else's blog! :)

Gwen

Thanks for stopping by! Come back soon!