CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Girl Scouts

So have I told you I signed Brooke up for Girl Scouts? Well, I did. She's been playing with too many boys: our neighbor, boys at school, boys at church. Most of the time she plays with boys at recess. That's fine if she wants to be a tom-boy but she needs some exposure to girls. So I thought Girl Scouts would be fun and it's even right at our community center every other Tuesday after school. So it's perfect! And I got my co-volunteer in her class to bring her daughter so she gets to know another girl. Here's a funny story. Last Wednesday, Brooke wasn't on the bus after school. I was watching from the sidewalk as I see Nathan GET ON THE BUS to find out where Brooke is. The bus driver has no idea. The bus driver gets on his radio to locate Brooke. I'm starting to freak out a little bit. Come to find out, she was at school for Girl Scouts!! We were like, No, she goes here on Tuesdays. So Nathan goes to school to get her. She was fine. She was having fun at Girl Scouts. Somebody got their papers crossed and thought she was supposed to go there. Today when she went to school we reminded her NOT to go to girl scouts, even if her teacher tells her to. She went yesterday. We'll see how that goes.

Anyway, mostly all they've done in Girl Scouts is make little crafts. Now anyone that knows me knows that I'm not at all crafty. Even the simplest things end up getting messed up by me. But I've been impressed with Brooke. I stay and help her with whatever it is they're making and she gets the hang of it pretty quickly. If I'm not sure what to do next, she tells me. Here are the two things she made yesterday. Now I know these are not good pictures. But I told her to hold them up and she decided she wanted to take the picture.


So this is a bracelet she made. Lots of different beads and her name spelled backwards. But, hey, she put them on in the right order, doesn't that count?


This is called a situpon. Never heard of it? Neither had I? I was like, a what? I thought she was saying a cinnabon or something. It's basically a cushion. It has newspaper in the middle and we "sewed" it together with string. When they go to Girl Scout camp in July (yeah, I don't think so) they can take it to sit on the ground.
In other Girl Scout news, there's a Holiday Parade (Big Rapids loves parades)the weekend before Thanksgiving and the girls get to walk in it!! How exciting is that?! And, when Girl Scout cookie time comes, you know where to get your cookies!! Wink, Wink.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow we'll be there for the parade. That will be fun. Uhh...sorry I already bought cookies from Regan. But I could always use more : )

Erin said...

How did you already buy cookies? Is she taking pre-orders or something?

Anonymous said...

Girl Scouts huh...whatever happened to Brownies? I always thought Girl Scouts was for the 10 and older set.

Gwen

PS I love my Michigan. Our EBT was finally cut off this month and it BITES having to budget and pay for food again.

Anonymous said...

They must have cookies earlier or something. She asked in September and we got them last week and most of them are gone.

Cam and Aliy said...

OMG - they are still making those newspaper cushions!! At least Brooke's has some cool covering on it, I think mine was this really crummy color of green, like pea soup or something!! And yeah - I could use some cookies right about now - thanks Erin!

Thanks for stopping by! Come back soon!