CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 4, 2008

In Memory of my Brown Boots


It's time to put my brown boots to rest. I've had my trusty brown boots since 1998. Yes, that's right, 10 years. My parents bought them for me at Galyan's when I left for college. I needed something sturdy and warm to wear in the snow. They lasted a long time. But, sadly, in the last couple of weeks they have been falling apart. It's very sad. I just hate to shop. I never find anything I like or can afford. But, with this Michigan snow, I need to find something. So, let's talk about this snow. It's never-ending!! It has been snowing for 3 days straight, without stopping. Saturday alone we're supposed to get 6-10 inches of the 3-5 we already have. I don't know if I can take it. I like snow, once, and then I'm over it. Let's play in it, go sledding, make a snowman, take cute pictures, and be done. No more snow! Nathan says I better get used to it because the worst of it comes in Jan/Feb. I told him to find a job someplace warm. Getting the kids dressed and ready in boots, coats, gloves, hats, etc. is for the birds. If I could just live somewhere where it was always 70 degrees, that would be nice.

Sorry for my ramblings. It's just been on my mind and this does serve as my journal as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The snow is really not that bad. but I guess we are both adjusting. I think its just AWFUL that I have to endure this freezing cold without any beauty. At least with the snow there is a quite peace and....ah I just love it.

Go to Zappos.com and search for Sorel They have tons of cute boots and they are FANTASTIC for snowy and rainy winters. Get a style that has the rubber 'duck' shoe (they are extremely waterproof and easier to clean-you can hose them down with a fire hose and the inside will still be dry) and then as far as the boot sleeve you can get anything you want. They are super warm and super easy to slide on and off when you just need to run out and get the mail or grab something from the car or run to the store. The traction is also great so you have a little extra grip when you hit the ice layer that hides under the snow. They are cute and oh so warm. You may pay a little more for them, but they last FOREVER. I've had mine since...my freshman year in HIGH SCHOOL ('03ish). Just opt for a conservative style and they'll be your pall forever. They are also great to use as the footwear to take you to the ski slopes or the ice rink.

A Bunch of Roaches said...

Wow! I can't believe your shoes lasted for 10 years. That is amazing. Those are some nice shoes. I'm not at all jealous about the snow though. Aaaah...Cali.

Thanks for stopping by! Come back soon!