CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Pumpkin Carving 101

So last night Brooke wanted to carve a pumpkin. This is not usually one of my strong suits. Nathan was busy talking on the phone so I decided to go ahead and try to do it myself. Brooke knew exactly how it needed to be done. She's an old pro! She wanted to do it exactly as the years past. We got all the guts and pumpkin seeds out. She wanted to save all the seeds because one year, when we had a garden, we put the seeds in the garden and more pumpkins grew. She doesn't quite get it that we don't have room for pumpkins here. LOL. Next, she told me that we need to print off a stencil from the computer. She picked the one she wanted then told me that we needed to trace it on the pumpkin. OK, done. Then we had to cut on the lines with a knife. This is where I wasn't do so well. Thankfully, Nathan got off the phone and finished the job. I think that in a few years, Brooke will be a pumpkin carving master!

She wanted to take a self-portrait of her and the pumpkin. Not too bad :-)

Brooke's pumpkin and Charlotte's pumpkin. Charlotte wanted to paint her pumpkin the other day. Brooke wanted to wait and cut it.
This is like a gingerbread house, but it's a Haunted House Cookie. They made this with a babysitter the other night. We might have to make another one because this one didn't turn out so well.
Charlotte, not to be out done, wanted to take a self-portrait as well.

2 comments:

Gillian said...

Really cute! I don't think we have ever done pumpkins with Oran. Maybe I should this year.

A Bunch of Roaches said...

Very fun!

Thanks for stopping by! Come back soon!