CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 8, 2008

Lake Michigan

We had a GREAT time in Ludington at Lake Michigan. I had wanted to go Labor Day weekend but it didn't happen. (Something about college football starting). So, Saturday was my birthday and I got to pick what I wanted to do. Woohoo! I couldn't sit around this boring town anymore so off we went. Believe it or not, we had never been to any part of Lake Michigan even in Chicago. It's only a little over an hour away from us so we had to take advantage of it. Our neighbors did go Labor Day weekend and they recommended we try a restaurant called Bones and Butts for lunch. Not really sure why it was named that. It was a hole in the wall place that served bbq and brisket type stuff. Nathan had to ask someone where it was and I thought they would think we were crazy, but they knew exactly what we were talking about. Thank goodness. :-) It wasn't hot enough to swim (there was one girl about 10 swimming in the waves but she must have been crazy) but the girls loved the sand. Especially Brooke! It was just a very relaxing trip and a great way to celebrate my last year in my 20's.

This is taken at the Lighthouse

Close up at the Lighthouse

Far away of the lighthouse, the kids and Nathan in the bottom left corner
walking back to the beach


walking along the beach

another place we found along the highway, very secluded

playing in the sand








we found another playground


dad and Brooke decided to bury my feet in sand


the kids passed out on the way home

We will definitely go back next summer when we can swim!!

No comments:

Thanks for stopping by! Come back soon!