CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Winter Fest

We had lots of fun today at a Winter Fest that a campground in town had. Lots of activities and they were all free!! We love free! They had ice climbing, wagon rides, pony rides, snow shoeing, cross country skiing, broomball, tubing, and much more! It was pretty cold, but don't worry Mom, we had on LOTS of layers. Our first stop was to check out the ice climbing. Here is a guy in action. Nathan wanted to try it but it was pretty crowded. You have to sign a waiver to do it. When you have to sign your life away, I'm not sure it's something I'd want to do.
Our next stop was the pony rides. Here we are waiting in line.
Charlotte on her pony. I was really surprised that she really seemed to enjoy it.

I got to walk with her and the pony. I was having a hard time though, because Charlotte was kinda falling to the side and I was trying to direct the horse, who for some reason was going faster than my little legs could carry me. I got a pretty nice workout. Needless to say, we only went around once. It was making me a little nervous.
Here's Brooke on her pony.


After the pony rides we went to the cafeteria where they were serving a free dinner. Hot dogs and chili, potato chips, cookies, hot chocolate. It really wasn't that good, but at least it was free. We warmed up as well and headed to the wagon ride. Now there's some pretty horses. They took us all around the campground. Unfortunately it was dark and we couldn't see much of it but it was still fun.


After that we went back to the lodge and enjoyed some more hot chocolate. Here is Brooke finishing hers up on the porch. Charlotte was having a meltdown because she had just spilled hers all over the table and wanted more.
It was lots of fun. They're having another free day on January 31 so we may go again because Brooke wants to go tubing and Nathan wants to go ice climbing. Brooke also wanted to try to ski, but I'm not sure if she could do it but we'll try. I'd like to try snow shoeing.

We came home and the kids were wore out! (YAY) So they went to bed and we invited some friends over to do what else? Play WII!! Fun times were had by all. Here's Kim kicking my butt boxing. I just need a little more practice. I did win in bowling though, and my golf game is getting better.

1 comment:

A Bunch of Roaches said...

How is it that you always find such fun things to do with your family? That is something I admire about you.

Thanks for stopping by! Come back soon!