CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 9, 2009

Things my kids are doing

So Charlotte got a new bed. Well, new to her anyway. She's been in a crib but she's so big it was time to move her. So my sister loaned us an old toddler bed. She's been doing fine with it, but I went to check on her last night before I went to bed and this is what I found. She was on the floor! Why do kids do that?
It reminds me of when we moved Brooke into a regular bed. She got a twin bed right before she turned three. When I went to check on her after the first night she was UNDER the bed. I couldn't find her for a minute. She must have a thing for sleeping under the bed because last summer while living with my parents I found her under Charlotte's crib. She had moved her pillow and blankets and everything. I couldn't find her for a few minutes and was started to worry a bit.

Brooke had her first spelling test today. She spelled all the words right! Let's see, she had to spell hat, bat, fat, ram, yam, ham, and a few others. Let's hope she gets my spelling genes because I won the spelling bee in 5th grade and I'm pretty proud of it. Mostly because I haven't won much else in my life.

We're trying to get back into the swing of things. Brooke hasn't gotten up in time to ride the bus all week (or maybe it's mom) so I've taken her. She hasn't been too cranky after school so that's good. Nathan starts his second semester on Monday. It's been nice having him home this week. We've ran lots of errands and gotten a lot done around the house. We even drove to Grand Rapids to do a little shopping with our gift certificates we got for Christmas since Big Rapids doesn't have any good stores. We had a good time and a nice lunch. Except for the part where Charlotte puked in the Toys R Us parking lot which is the first place we stopped. We were almost going to go home but as we were cleaning her up she started acting fine. Really weird. So we kept shopping, but first I had to buy her a new coat because she had puked on hers. Luckily I had brought an extra pair of pants. I went into Target to find the cheapest coat or jacket and found an adorable red pea cot for under $10!! It's so cute, I may have her wear it all the time.
We looked all over Grand Rapids for a WII Fit but can't find it anywhere!! It's started to really make me mad!! Apparently you have to be at the right place at the right time. Grrr...Why doesn't Nintendo just make more to keep up with the demand? I don't understand. So we've been hitting up Game Stop every day and will until we get it. Oh, and you can't pre-order it! What's up with that? So if anybody finds it, buy it, send it to me, and I'll send you a check! Thanks!!

3 comments:

Jamie G. said...

I ordered our whole system, including the WiiFit, off of Ebay. That's the only way to really guarantee that you get one. I got a pretty decent deal for everything too. Just thought I'd let you know, in case you wanted it that bad!! We LOVE it!!

Party Of Five said...

Not to tute your own horn about the spelling bee, right?!

A Bunch of Roaches said...

Okay that post totally entertained me. You are so funny. There are tons of Wii fits on craigslist here in San Diego..just a thought.

Thanks for stopping by! Come back soon!