CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Fun at the park (and other random thoughts)

We've been having lots of fun lately. I just keep forgetting to take my camera places. The weather cooled off considerably this weekend so we spent lots of time at the park.
This leads into random thought number 1: Football teams were practicing while we were at the park. The kids were probably elementary school age boys. The coaches were like drill sergeants. They were doing all kinds of drills, running, jumping jacks, tackling. It made me glad I didn't have boys. There's no way I would have my son playing football. All the more reason I dislike the sport.

Another thing I dislike? The Hunger Games trilogy. Sorry die hard fans, I just don't get it. I read them all and didn't really enjoy them. Too violent, too sad, gave me nightmares. Too depressing. I went to the library yesterday searching for something to get me out of my depression since reading them and came home with quite a lot of fluff. Confessions of a Shopaholic, Miss Julia, and more.

One thing I do like? Dancing with the Stars. I thought this season was going to be very lame, but I'm kinda liking SOME of the dancers. I'd have to say my favorites are Jennifer Beal and Kyle Massey. I actually don't mind Audrina Patridge either. Micheal Bolton's voice is sexy, but he's got no dancing skills. Neither does The Situation. Let's go ahead and get rid of them. My fave quote so far, "It's never too late to panic". Couldn't stop laughing!

I loved President Monson's talk on Saturday. But why did he laugh when he said some of us couldn't afford more than one appropriate dress for church? Did anyone else notice that? Why is that funny?

Ok readers, let's hear what you have to say (all three of you). Any of you have these same random thoughts?

2 comments:

Lolo said...

I like Jennifer GREY too. Kyle is good. Then Brandy, Kurt, Bristol, and Audrina have potential. It's so sad about Micheal Bolton maybe he should have had someone with more experience-Chelsea is good but the dog house was not the way to go.
Random thought: I'm reading Gone with the Wind and saw part of it on TV and Rhett Butler is ugly!! But he is funny in the book. Other random thought: Does anyone know of any openings in Human Resources-I've looked everywhere!

A Bunch of Roaches said...

Thank you for being my other dislike football friend. Eeeewww. Fall means football at my house. Eyeroll. I'm bored with dancing with the stars and haven't watched it for years, but I do love fall TV and watch way too much of it. I didn't get a chance to watch President Monson's talk yet, so I'll have to look for that part. :)

Thanks for stopping by! Come back soon!