CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Our new home

This is our new home! Well, new to us anyway. And it's only temporary, as it's a rental until we can buy something nicer. It's a cute little house, on a quiet little street. These are the pictures I took before we moved in. Right now, there's still a few boxes sitting around and not much on the walls. And we're waiting on our new kitchen table, which I hope comes soon!!

This is the front living room with a big picture window. New paint and hardwood floors.

This is standing on our deck looking into the backyard. The deck is huge and we hope to put it to good use this summer! First we need a nice grill and some patio furniture. Another view of the deck and the back of the house.

This is the den/family room. We are using it as a playroom. I know the wallpaper is ugly but it's only temporary!
The wood stove in the back of the family room. Through the doors is the utility room which has some storage and washer and dryer.

I must say, it is much more enjoyable to do laundry when it is on the same floor as the bedrooms. In Michigan I had to go up and down two flights of stairs to do laundry and sometimes I felt like it was such a pain. I feel like I can get it done faster this way. Oh, what a boring life I lead :-)


Just a picture of one of the bedrooms.
This is the one and only bathroom. Leaves much to be desired, I know. We did put new flooring down and put a shelf above the toilet. One of the reasons we won't buy this house.


The kitchen with new cabinets and dishwasher. I thought the oven was new but it wasn't working so we're getting a new one. Waiting on that as we speak.
g For all my church friends, we're less than 2 miles from the Louisville Temple. So...I'm offering to babysit if you come down to go to the temple. Just give me a few days notice :-).

2 comments:

A Bunch of Roaches said...

That looks like a great house. I agree about the wallpaper, but the rest of the house looks really pretty. How nice to be close to a temple. :)

Esther said...

Your house is very cute! Your deck and backyard especially look nice. Fun times, moving! :)

Thanks for stopping by! Come back soon!