CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

What we've been doing...

We've had some pretty lazy days this week. It's been nice sleeping in (if you call 8:30 sleeping in) not having anywhere to go and just hanging out. We have done a few fun things. We tried making gingerbread Santa sleighs instead of a house. Charlotte was more interested in eating the candy and the icing.


Brooke actually did a pretty good job. I think hers is the only one that survived.


We made 4. 2 survived until I moved them and now we're down to one :-(.
The box made it look so easy and cute. I think we'll stick with gingerbread houses.

Brooke and Charlotte found a new past time. Skiing. With the empty wrapping paper rolls and the sticks for our windows. It was actually Charlotte's idea.
We drove to Grand Rapids for Family Night. Nathan wanted to eat at Logan's for his birthday dinner. His birthday was actually on Sunday. We did a little shopping while we were there and saw some Christmas lights.

Charlotte falls asleep in the car anytime after 3:00. I'm still not sure how she sleeps like this.

Brooke is pretending to be asleep.
I tried to take pictures of the girls in their Christmas dresses. They don't like to be very serious sometimes.


I've also been doing lots of baking; probably too much. I became addicted to chocolate covered pretzels. But I think I'm done. Except for making cookies for Santa. :-)

2 comments:

Apron Appeal said...

The best way, I've found, to get gingerbread pieces to stick together is to melt sugar (regular white sugar) until it is a light carmel color, then dip your pieces into the syrup and apply the other edge and voila...sugar glue. It works much better than royal icing.

A Bunch of Roaches said...

Looks like fun...and yes, 8:30 is definitely sleeping in. Jealous!

Thanks for stopping by! Come back soon!