CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Spring Break Trip

We just got back from Indiana. We took a quick trip because it was Nathan's Spring Break. Brooke's isn't for a couple more weeks. (I don't know why they're not at the same time. Apparently there were 40 plus kids not at school on Monday) Anyway, I picked up Brooke and Nathan at their schools on Friday and off we went. Unfortunately, Brooke wasn't feeling well and was sick the whole time we were gone. We loaded her up on meds and tried to have a good time. We were making good time until we heard our tire pop. We ran over a nail almost to Peru.

Nathan fixed it in 30 minutes flat! I sure am glad he knows how to change a tire! He did it like he does it all the time.
Charlotte and Brooke were sleeping until we stopped. I don't think they were very happy to be woken up.

We arrived in Indianapolis at the Asay's around 9:00. Saturday was such a nice day we played outside a lot and Robin and her family came over later in the day for a cook out. The kids had fun playing together.

Sunday afternoon we drove south to Bloomington to visit Great-Grandma Ison. We stayed at her hotel so we could go swimming! Brooke didn't last long in the pool, she started coughing. So Charlotte and I played in the pool for a while and had fun.

Daddy and Brooke tried out the treadmill. If you haven't seen Cannon on the treadmill on facebook, you should check it out! Hilarious! That's why Brooke wanted to get on the treadmill.
We left Bloomington Monday afternoon and met Aunt Jenny and Aunt Rachel at Chuck E Cheese. Had lots of fun there but unfortunately our battery was dead in our camera. Rachel and Jenny took the girls to Build a Bear on Tuesday. Hopefully Rachel will email me those pictures but in the meantime here is Charlotte with all the bears. I've never been but it sure does sound like fun! I think they had a great time.

We met up with them at the movie and saw Bolt. The kids liked it but I don't think anybody else did. Charlotte fell asleep on the way home, about 5:30. Brooke fell asleep about 6:30 playing on the computer. I couldn't get either one to wake up for dinner or anything so I finally put them in bed. Charlotte woke up briefly at 10 P.M. and was up for a bit and slept until 8:45 a.m. Brooke woke up a couple times in the night wanting a drink or needing to blow her nose. We were waiting for her to wake up so we could head back to Michigan. I kept checking on her and trying to get her to wake up. At one point I think she told Lauren to "Go away, I'm sleeping". She finally emerged from the basement after 11 a.m! She slept for over 16 hours! It was a record. I guess she was just so wore out from being sick and playing so much she just needed her sleep. We finally left and got home to Michigan to snow! And it was so nice in Indiana. But the sun has been shining and the snow is about gone.

I finally took Brooke to the doctor yesterday and she has an upper respiratory infection with some pharyngitis. We went to McDonald's and got an ice cream cone while we waited for the prescription to be filled.
So hopefully we're on the mend and will stay healthy for awhile. Tomorrow we're going to Grand Rapids because I have a meeting. Then we're going to go do something fun, maybe see a movie.

1 comment:

GaRNiTuRe said...

Hi- I know you don't know me, but I found you through a friend's blog- I just started a little hair clip store & I'm trying to get the word out- check it out! I think you'd like it!
www.garnitureclips.blogspot.com

Thanks for stopping by! Come back soon!