CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

We had a great weekend. It started on Saturday with a trip to the Louisville Temple. Nathan's sister Rachel watched Brooke and Charlotte. I was kind of nervous because unfortunately the girls don't know Rachel very well. But I thought it would be good for them to all bond. They ended up doing great and had a wonderful time! She took them to house where they played barbies, watched movies, and played with the dogs. Sadly, George Straight (the dog) isn't doing so well. He's been around longer than I have, about 10 years. First he was Nathan's brother David's dog, and then he's been passed on to Rebecca, Jennifer, and Rachel. I think they all kind of share him. Anyway, looks like he's getting old and having seizures a couple times a week. I know I'll miss him and so will the girls. But anyway they went to Chick-fil-a for lunch and then they went swimming at a public pool that had slides and a jungle gym and all kinds of fun things for the kids. I wish I would've been there, it sounds like fun!!

We got to go to a Sealing for someone in our ward while we were at the Temple. I love going to sealings!! Then we got to finally eat at Red Robin which is where everyone has been telling us to eat at in Louisville. We will probably go again, there's so much more to choose from on their menu!

Sunday we went to church and Nathan and I left after Sacrament meeting to go to Big Rapids Michigan. He was having orientation at Ferris State University on Monday morning. It just so happened that Sunday, the 22nd of June, was also our 8 year anniversary. So we left the kids with the grandparents and Lauren and had ourselves a nice little getaway. Big Rapids Michigan is about 6 hours north of Indy. We actually drove to Grand Rapids with is 50 miles south of Big Rapids on Sunday night. Thanks to Nathan's grandma we can stay at any Marriott for about $40. We take advantage of that as often as we can. Don't know what we do when she no longer works there.

Monday was Orientation day. Lots of talk about the college, activities, financial aid, registering for classes, etc. We felt a little out of place with all the incoming freshman and their parents. But we weren't the oldest. There were a few others. We also found out we can move into our family student housing after August 15. And the kindergarten is only offered full day. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I know Brooke is ready for kindergarten, but I don't know if she's ready to be gone all day. I guess I'll get some quality time with Charlotte.

No comments:

Thanks for stopping by! Come back soon!