CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Summer plans

We've been doing lots of fun things so far this summer, or trying to anyway. I saw an ad in the kmart paper the other day for this really fun baby pool that had a slide going in and a slide going out. I decided to buy it the other day and invited some friends over to play in it. It was a big hit. I didn't take any pictures though. Nobody wanted to play in the slip and slide.

We have also been doing the summer reading program at the library. I did it as a child so I love passing on the tradition to my kids. You get points for reading to your children and your children get points for listening. Brooke loves redeeming her points for prizes. Some of the prizes are lame toys you'll just end up stepping on or throwing away but they also have books and free passes to museums, an Indians game, the fair, Indy Island, and more. I highly recommend it if you live here and haven't signed up yet. We go to the library at least once a week, sometimes twice. Don't go on Tuesdays though!! That's movie day at the library and boy is it packed!! We learned that the hard way.

We also went to the park today. It was supposed to be playgroup with some girls at church but I was the only one from my ward to show up. Thankfully Robin was coming to so the kids had someone to play with. We had a nice time and it wasn't too hot. They came back here and played some more and then we ate lunch.

Brooke started gymnastics through Indy Parks last Thursday. She has another class tonight. She really likes it. I like it because it's just for fun and not competitive at all. I think it is just for 8 weeks. And then swimming lessons start.

This weekend will be busy. We may be going to the temple. A couple in our ward is getting sealed. Then we found out it may be our Stake's turn to help the flood victims but we haven't heard anything yet. We've been waiting to make our plans until we found out about that. Sunday we're leaving for Michigan because orientation is on Monday. It's also our 8 year anniversary on Sunday. I can't believe it's been 8 years.

I will post more after our trip to Michigan. Still haven't sold our house though!! Please pray for us!

No comments:

Thanks for stopping by! Come back soon!