CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 23, 2011

Utah...Continued

Is anybody still reading? I believe we left off on Monday night. Tuesday was the funeral for my grandpa. It was good to see all of my aunts and so many of my cousins. I wish it didn't take a funeral to see everyone. You all know, the road runs both ways, right?

Anyway, so many sweet things were said at the funeral by my dad, brother, and cousins. They talked of his love for his grandkids, his generosity, and his love for Grandma Asay. We're so glad they are reunited once again.

We had to take a few pictures. One of my parents and siblings. You never know when you'll get that chance again.



Then one with all the cousins. Only two weren't there. Not too shabby. Oh, and you thought, I was short? Apparently it runs in the family.


Apparently, someone got a hold of my camera when it was left unattended. :-)


Tuesday night we headed to Temple Square to see all the lights. I haven't been in 12 years and the rest of my little family had never been, so it was a must see. We couldn't believe how crowded it was though! It was worse than shopping on Black Friday. But it was worth it to see all the amazing lights and displays.







We also went inside the Tabernacle. A lot of people were in there, just trying to stay warm, I think.




The next day we left. It was sad to have to be together because of a funeral, but happy to get to see everyone again and to play with cousins, even if for 24 hours.

We made it home again in record time, with Nathan doing all the driving on the way home. The first day I was sick, and laid in the back and slept most of the time. The next day, I guess I just never offered to drive, and he seemed to be doing such a good job of it. I was happy to read my books.

Speaking of Nathan, I really should give him a proper shout out. I am so lucky to have a guy that is willing to drive all the way to Utah, at Christmas time no less, to attend the funeral of my grandpa with me. And the funeral was on his birthday, but he didn't want any big fuss on the day of the funeral. Oh, I guess I forgot to mention we did get away without the kids Tuesday night to eat dinner of his choosing...steak. At a place called Squatters. Anybody heard of it? It was pretty good. So to him, his birthday was a success.

1 comment:

Paige said...

I read it all, sounds like fun, and sadness all at the same time. Happy late birthday to Nathan. Good pictures.

Thanks for stopping by! Come back soon!