CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 21, 2011

Snow Days

So we've had more than our fair show of snow days around here. They cancel school when there is a THREAT of snow. Like yesterday. The snow wasn't supposed to come until the afternoon. But instead of going to school and maybe letting out early, they just canceled it altogether. Oh, the snow came. But it didn't really start until about 12:30. By 2:30 there was a lot on the ground. I've lost track of how many days we've missed. I think we're up to 7. We started earlier than everyone else, and now we're going to be going LATER than everyone else. What's wrong with this picture? Evidence that it did indeed snow:

All in all, I think we got about 4 or 5 inches. Nothing to write home about. It's funny just coming from Michigan, 4 or 5 inches would be nothing. People just went on about their day. School was NEVER canceled. Well maybe once or twice, but it had to be BAAADDD. What I disliked so much about Michigan was that it never STOPPED snowing. Once it started in November, it didn't stop until March. You never saw the grass, the sun didn't shine, it was FREEEEZZZZING. It was a little bit depressing. At least here, the sun shines and the snow melts within a couple days until the next snow comes. I can handle that.

Ok sorry for my rant, but it is my blog after all. So what did we do on our snow days?


Thursday, Nathan (with help from the girls) made donuts. Yummy! Yes, he is quite the baker, isn't he? Now if he would just do the dishes...
Friday we decided it was time to leave the house. I guess I should mention I've been sick all week and haven't left the house in 5 days except to go to the doctor. So I was definitely ready to leave the house. They decided they wanted to go roller skating! Good thing we had a free pass! Brooke invited a friend to come along to make it more exciting.
Hope you had a great Snow Day!
Thanks for stopping by! Come back soon!