CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Heat Wave

The last few days we've had a heat wave. It's been in the 80's and today it almost got to 90. Not that I'm complaining. I'll take it over cold and snowy weather. It's been perfect for bike rides, walks, and for just being outside. We spent a lot of time outside today. We met some friends from church at a farm to skeet shoot. Now, it's really not my kind of thing, but Nathan wanted to go so I just went to socialize. It was an excuse for a date, we just had to pay a babysitter. Somehow I was talked into shooting a few times. I wasn't really good at it. I thought all those years of playing Duck Hunt on Nintendo would somehow give me an edge. But I didn't. I didn't shoot a darn thing. Nathan was a little bit better, but it'd been a few years since he had shot anything.


Then this afternoon Brooke's school had their Fall Carnival. It felt more like summer though, but that's ok. There were sack races, inflatables, bean bag tosses, pumpkin painting, and lots more. Fun was had by all.


1 comment:

A Bunch of Roaches said...

We are just too similar. I shot my first gun this year too because I wanted to spend some time with my honey, and that was what he wanted to do. I sucked.

Thanks for stopping by! Come back soon!