CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 5, 2009

General Conference





I tried a new approach to General Conference this time. Years past I would give the kids the run of the house and have no significant things for them to do. This time I decided to set up a "tent" in the living room, not so much a "reverance tent" as most people refer to it, but just something different and maybe to contain their mess. I also went to Sugardoodle and found some great General Conference activity sheets. Great for Brooke anyway, Charlotte is still too young. It just had them draw a picture of their face, color their tie, 3 things they talked about, etc. It really got Brooke interested and involved. I think that is the key. Getting them involved. Before, it seemed like we weren't really expecting them to pay attention and they didn't think it had anything to do with them. But we gave Brooke some work and she really took it seriously. I don't expect them to sit and watch the whole thing with us, I just want to be able to enjoy it a little more myself. Which I think I did this time. When asked what her favorite part was, she said "the singing". The Choir sang several songs she knew, including "How Firm a Foundation" which they are learning in Primary right now and she is constantly singing. I wish I had a video camera because she loves to sing and does it all the time!


Nathan took a picture of this yummy snack he made so I guess he wanted me to post it. Homemade cheesy breadsticks. Yum! They were gone in a flash!

Well, I have to give a talk next Sunday in church. I better start preparing!

No comments:

Thanks for stopping by! Come back soon!