CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Georgia on my Mind

Last week the girls and I tagged along with Nathan on a business trip to Georgia. One of the main reasons I went was because we have some friends that live there. We spent the first day with them in their town called Peach Tree City. It was so cute and cool. They live in a golf cart community. There are golf cart paths along the road and through the woods. 90 miles of golf cart paths to be exact. It was like a whole other world back in those paths. As I went to take a picture with my camera, I realized I had left my memory card in the computer at home...Boo! So we spent the day exploring her town on a golf cart, swimming, playing, visiting, and eating. The next day I made no plans and had a few miscommunications with Nathan which made things even worse. We were going to go swimming in the a.m. before checkout, but it was too cool. We were just going to hang out in the room and watch tv (because we haven't had cable since we moved)but when we took our last load of things to the car, the maid came in and started cleaning. The car needed gas and I needed Nathan's gas card to fill it up (because it's a company car)but I couldn't reach him by phone, text, walking by the meeting room, etc. I thought he was going to be done by 3:00, but it was really 5:30....blah, blah, blah. The kids were bored waiting around so we went to Target which was just down the street from the hotel. That's never a good idea. I drove to the Temple, and it was closed for cleaning. We were going to go to the movie in the mall, but there wasn't a family friendly movie playing in the time frame we needed. I was tired of driving in a city I was unfamiliar with (even if I did have a GPS) and decided we would just walk around the mall with the couple hours we had left. Then a miracle happened. A NAIL SALON!! IN THE MALL! I'm sure you can guess the rest. ;-) I got my pedicure and the girls got their fingers painted and everyone was happy for about 1 hour. I was so happy to get back to Nathan and let him do the rush hour traffic in Atlanta. So that was an experiment that I don't think I will do again. Unless he goes somewhere else close to friends...but I might make better plans next time. :-)

No comments:

Thanks for stopping by! Come back soon!