CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Cranhill Ranch

This past weekend we went to a ranch that was having a free open house for everyone in the community. This is their third year doing it and our second time going. They have all kinds of activities to do. They have tubing, ice climbing, snow shoeing, ice skating, broom ball, pony rides, cross country skiing, and more. The kids wanted to do the pony rides first. It sure is hard to pull a pony in 2 feet of snow! Nathan wanted to do the ice wall again this year. Unfortunately his safety goggles got frosty so he couldn't see where he was going. So he didn't make it up all the way.They had 3 tubing hills to choose from. All were too crowded and steep for me. I almost had a breakdown every time my kids went down. My kids went down all 3 hills.

Thankfully, there was a tractor that shuttled us around the ranch. Here are some of our friends waiting with us to go back to the car. It was COLD!!

They are having another open house in a couple weeks and we'd like to go back and try the cross country skiing. I never been skiing in my life, it's never too late to try, right?

In warmer news, Nathan and I are going to Florida next Saturday through Friday!! Nathan has an ASHRAE conference to attend that many of his classmates and professors are attending as well. I couldn't let him go by himself could I? Of course not. I'm not going to let him enjoy 70 degree weather when I'm stuck here with 20 degree weather. My parents are watching our kids for the week so we can have a nice getaway. It'll be like the honeymoon we never had. I'm so excited!!
Thanks for stopping by! Come back soon!